Eddy de Jong is a specialist in warehouse design and supply chain modelling. He is a creative thinker who enjoys finding solutions and working in new contexts to enable operational change for his clients.
He delivers projects on time and to high standards and has built up and sustained his own consultancy business over twelve years.
Eddy understands the key operational drivers in warehouse and distribution operations and how to apply analytical techniques to identify and quantify operational improvements.
His broad supply chain experience was gained in two major logistics providers, a “big five” consultancy and an internet start up. Eddy has graduate degrees in Logistics and is a member of the Chartered Institute of Logistics. He is able to engage at various levels of seniority to define customer requirements and is used to working on commercially sensitive projects.
Focused Logistics operates in a variety of sectors, allowing us to apply best practices from each where relevant. Our breadth of scope is reflected in the diversity of our projects:
- Network capacity testing for a UK retailer with multiple channels and store formats, enabling rationalisation of the number of sites without impacting service levels.
- Developing expansion options for a combined ecommerce & store NDC to meet future volumes, without expanding the building.
- Order collation analysis for e-commerce fulfilment centre to optimise stock layout and improve productivity.
- Network product flow optimisation and resulting warehouse capacity testing for food manufacturer to minimise overall distribution cost.
- Detailed design of airline catering flight assembly centre to support 3PL implementation.
- Sportswear wholesale stock layout review and migration planning to resolve major fulfilment issues.